Indoor Air Quality In Springville, Spanish Fork, Provo, UT And Surrounding Areas
Indoor air tends to be more polluted than outdoor air and poor ventilation is the main reason for this. Contact us today for the best Indoor Air Quality In Springville, Spanish Fork, Provo, UT And Surrounding Areas.
Restricted airflow stops the natural movement of air and causes unnecessary or pollutant particles to settle in the inner environment.
The first tip from our indoor air quality expert to improve the air quality is to open the doors and windows to let the fresh air inside your home. However, do you know what the pollutants that cause poor air quality actually are?
1. Pollutants that cause poor air quality
All the unnecessary particles besides the composition of air can be considered pollutants. The elements that are mainly behind the cause of poor quality air are:
- Carbon monoxide
- Environmental tobacco smoke
- Stoves and heaters
- Chimneys and fireplaces
- Indoor particulate matter
2. Sources that cause poor air quality
Knowing where these particles come from creates havoc inside your house is necessary. So, here are some sources that increase the indoor pollution:
- Fuel-burning appliances
- Tobacco products
- Newly installed flooring or carpet
- Pressed wood furniture
- Degraded quality of asbestos used in insulation
- Chemicals in construction materials like glue, paint, etc.
- Poorly maintained HVAC systems
- Excess moisture
- If you live in an industrial region, outdoor air pollutant particles like radon and lead.
3. How to check whether your house's indoor air is polluted?
If you want to know if you live in a safe indoor environment, the first step should be to call an indoor air quality expert to check the indoor pollution levels. A technician uses appropriate tools and equipment to analyze the situation.
Several home methods, such as the temperature difference between a wet thermostat and a dry thermostat, check the air quality. These techniques will give you an approximate result but not a precise air quality situation.
4. Signs of poor air quality
If you are looking for some signs or clues, here are some alerting signs for poor quality air:
- Dryness and irritation in the eyes, throats, nose, and skin
- Frequent headaches
- Shortness of breath
- Sinus congestion
- Coughing and sneezing
- Lack of productivity
5. What are some DIY ways to maintain indoor air quality?
- Avoid using aerosol products like heavily scented cleaning products,
- Keep the air ducts clean.
- Open the windows or keep the kitchen vent on while cooking.
- Vacuum the indoor rugs and carpets weekly.
- Bring in indoor plants to bring a positive aura to your house.
6. Mechanical equipment that stabilizes the poor quality indoor air
According to Desert’s Best HVAC indoor air quality experts, you can invest your money in the following equipment that is assured to give you better services if bought according to the requirement:
- Air scrubber
- Air purifiers
- Advanced HVAC air filters
Desert’s Best HVAC company experts in Utah will help find a solution to increase your air quality and keep your family breathing happily. Call (385) 595-8553 to hire our expert for a quick indoor air quality check and help you devise a strategy or solution to strengthen your home’s air quality.
Our IAQ Services Includes:
- Air Purifiers
- Ventilation Services
- Whole House Dehumidifiers