Heat Pump Maintenance In Springville, Spanish Fork, Provo, UT And Surrounding Areas
We must take care of our HVAC system through regular maintenance to keep it working in good order. Most of us have installed a heat pump in our homes for heating and cooling requirements. Contact us today for the best Heat Pump Maintenance In Springville, Spanish Fork, Provo, UT And Surrounding Areas.
We expect a heat pump to function for several years. The equipment can exceed its lifespan with proper use and maintenance. We must know the special considerations related to regular maintenance issues of heat pumps to keep them functioning for long periods.
1. Use of a heat pump
Most of us tend to take our heat pumps for granted. However, we may have to repair or replace them soon if we fail to consider regular maintenance.
We must remember two things when using a heat pump.
- We should not raise the thermostat’s temperature at once. Failing to do so will trigger the pump’s auxiliary power resulting in the waste of energy.
- Experts recommend that we must increase a heat pump’s temperature incrementally.
- We should never set the thermostat back to prevent backup heat from entering inside as backup heating systems are expensive compared to others.
2. Tips for heat pump maintenance
Heat pump maintenance requires a combination of professional care and DIY methods. However, we must consider getting a professional to handle the maintenance to ensure the best for the equipment.
Keeping the following tips in mind will help the heat pumps function for long periods.
- We must get the heat pump serviced at least once a year.
- We need to clean or change the filters regularly. Dirty coils, fans, and filters obstruct the airflow, affect its performance, and damage the compressor.
- We must inspect duct leakage and refrigerant leaks to ensure necessary repairs immediately.
- We should lubricate the motors and inspect if the belts are tight and in good condition.
- We must check the indoor coil, blower, and ducts for dirt and other obstructions.
- We should clean and tighten the electric terminal connections if necessary. The best way to do an inspection is by checking if there is a need for non-conductive coating.
- We must ensure that the heat pump’s thermostat is working well.
3. Benefits of heat pump maintenance
Heat pumps provide us with year-round comfort and lower energy costs. However, we have to ensure that the system remains maintained.
Here is how heat pump maintenance can benefit us.
- Increased indoor comfort: Heat pumps keep our indoor air clean and healthy through the HVAC filters. Checking the filters monthly and changing them once every quarter can increase our indoor comfort.
- Zero costly repairs: Regular professional maintenance and comprehensive checks can help us avoid expensive heat pump repairs.
- Improved system efficiency: Regular maintenance ensures that every system component works efficiently and guarantees the best heating and cooling facilities inside our homes.
Regular heat pump maintenance keeps the heating system in top-notch shape. Replacing the furnace or the AC unit of heat pumps has become easier with Desert’s Best HVAC. The cutting-edge HVAC company specializes in various home technologies, remodels, change-outs, and routine maintenance of equipment at affordable costs.