Ductless Installation In Springville, Spanish Fork, Provo, UT And Surrounding Areas
Ductless air conditioners provide cooling and heating. Contact us today for the best Ductless Installation In Springville, Spanish Fork, Provo, UT And Surrounding Areas.
However, larger AC systems, such as central air conditioning units, depend on ductwork to carry cold or warm air throughout the home.
Ductless installation devices differ from conventional ducted ACs in that they are not connected to ductwork to deliver cold or warm air throughout the home. They deliver treated air to each room or space individually, without using ducts.
1. Components of ductless air conditioners
Ductless air conditioners, also called mini-split systems, consist of two main components: indoor and outdoor units. The indoor unit, known as the evaporator, is placed within the house. The indoor and outdoor units are connected through the electric, refrigerant, and drain lines.
2. Installation of mini-split AC
Choosing the latest ductless mini-split air conditioner incorporates smart HVAC technology and the perfect designer blend for home designs.
3. Installation of the indoor unit of ductless AC
- Step 1: The target area where the indoor unit is to be installed is chosen. Since refrigerant lines from the indoor unit to the outdoor unit are laid along and through this wall, the wall’s exterior should also be free from obstructions.
- Step 2: The unit should be installed away from any heat sources as well as away from direct sunlight. It is important as it would have a direct impact on the efficient performance of the air conditioner. It should fix the indoor unit at least 6 feet from the floor.
- Step 3: It has to be made sure that there are no studs, wires, pipes, ducts, or other potential obstructions inside the wall. Holes are drilled in the marked area carefully. Good quality drywall anchors are inserted in the drilled holes.
- Step 4: A hole is drilled in the wall, typically on the mounting bracket’s lower left or right side. The hole is angled slightly downward to provide better drainage.
- Step 5: The main electric wire is connected to the indoor unit. It involves the removal of the backplate of the indoor unit. An electric tape is used to secure the unfolded refrigerant pipe, main wire, and drainage tubing together.
- Step 6: The unfolded refrigerant pipe is pushed through the hole in the wall. The indoor unit is mounted on the mounting bracket, and the bundled pipes, wire, and tubing are carefully taped and passed through the hole drilled beforehand.
4. Installation of the outdoor unit of ductless AC
- Step 1: The target area where the indoor unit is to be installed is chosen. Since refrigerant lines from the indoor and outdoor units are laid along and through this wall, the wall’s exterior should also be free from obstructions.
- Step 2: Once the condenser is mounted, the pipes and tubing from your indoor unit to the outside unit are connected.
- Step 3: Attach the wires and tubing to the external wall. The use of covers gives a neater appearance.
- Step 4: Finally, connect the multi-conductor wiring from the indoor unit to the outdoor unit.
With various models to suit any project, large or small, we at Desert’s Best HVAC provide the best HVAC solutions that fit your heating and cooling needs. Our professional technicians are skilled in ductless installation. Contact us to widen the horizons of your options.